7.27.2010

Worth Looking Into

This is off topic, but it was interesting enough that I thought I'd share, in case some of you think it is worth looking into as well. In fairness, I'm stealing these picks from one of my favorite snarky celebrity fashion websites, but don't let that alarm you. Every Friday the Girls do a round-up of interesting things they've bumped into on the Web, and I'm just passing a few tidbits along.

Grab your tissue box. Because this story will take your heart, twist it up like a sodden handkerchief and wring it dry. You don't have to be a mother to be moved by this incredibly brave mom's fight to deal with her daughter's traumatic injury and her perseverance to just face another day. But if you are a mom, grab two boxes of tissues, just in case. On my toughest days, when the baby won't nap and I've been pooped on again and dinner is burning on the stove, this story reminds me that I'm still one of the luckiest girls on the planet to have my Sweet Violet.

And to balance things out, here is an incredibly shallow but utterly hilarious blog about the imagined people who live in the rooms you see featured in your latest junk mail catalog.

Finally, here is a tender tale about the power of a bedtime story. One father vows to read to his daughter every night... and for more than nine years, the two of them do whatever it takes to meet each evening across from the pages of a book. Love. I read this story a couple months ago, but it is still lingering in my mind.

Couch time with Mommy 
VS
Couch time with Daddy

2 comments:

  1. Hey!! They're making fun of my very favorite catalog, Pottery Barn!! This is hilarious, but I still like looking at the pictures. Just must use my imagination more often, and see the humor in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably shouldn't have read that blog at work. I managed to keep the tears under wraps, but not without a supreme effort. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...