2.22.2011

One Year

One Year
 
Dear Violet,

One whole year has come and gone since you came into our lives.

One year...

I knew my world had changed the minute you came into it. In the blink of an eye, you became the most important thing in my life. You have brought us more joy than I ever imagined.

One day...

It seems hard to believe that you were ever that tiny newborn, helpless in my arms. I cried when we brought you home; I was so overwhelmed with emotion. You were so small! And completely dependent on us for everything! The responsibility of it all was enormous. We spent long nights awake together. There were days when you did nothing much but eat, sleep and poop.

One week...

Then you gave us that first smile. You held your head up. As soon as one milestone was conquered, you were off to the next one. You love keeping us on our toes! You learned to sit, to eat cereal, you started school, protested your way through tummy time, learned to roll over.

First smile...

Suddenly it was hard to remember the days when all you did was cuddle in our arms day and night.

You experienced your first trip to the pool, the first ride on an airplane, we shared our first Mother's Day. I have been amazed at how much you have learned. You understand what I'm saying. You can point to things when I ask you. You are so eager to follow directions. Your smile is beautiful, your expressions are priceless. Every day you do something that makes me smile, burst out laughing, makes me stop and take a breath to thank God for you. You are such a good girl. I am a better, stronger, more patient, more loving person because of you. I am so lucky to be your Mommy.

I love you.

Mommy

My birthday girl...
PS Although I tried mightily and failed miserably to capture it on camera, guess what my little girl did today, on her first birthday... she took her first steps!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Violet's first steps! And on her 1st birthday, no less. That girl sure does like to impress :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...