2.01.2011

Having My Cake

Happy birthday to me!
We had dinner with the neighbors yesterday, and since it was my big birthday, A. made cupcakes in my honor. Yummy, right?

Note the far right side of the picture, as Violet goes in for the grab.
"You are going to let Violet have a cupcake to practice with, right?" I was asked. Huh? Apparently, come the big first birthday, some kids have been known to freeze up in front of their cake. "It takes forever for them to even stick a finger in... trust me, let her have one now so she gets used to it..."

Well, what the heck, right? It's a party, my party! And if I hadn't been born, well, Violet wouldn't be here either. It's a reason for her to celebrate, right? So even though I had planned for her first taste of cake to be at her own birthday, we decided to give her a little sneak peek so she could work the kinks out.

Violet shows no reservations as she dives face first into the cupcake.
Um, you have something on your face...


Practice? Who needs practice?!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like she'll be a cake-eating pro on her 1st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the plate in front of her is spotless, despite cake and icing on everything else :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sure was a quick study on the cupcake eating front. No one will believe that you have feeding problems with her once these pictures get around!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...