2.21.2011

It's My Party...

Okay, here come the last of the birthday party pictures, I promise. You saw the decor and cake, here are the presents. And can I just say, Violet was a rock star throughout the event. She helped open every present (only slightly distracted by the colorful tissue paper) and proceeded to play with everything she got. Not a single gift got ignored. She got so many compliments from all the guests on how well behaved she was - no melt downs, she didn't refuse her cake, she let everyone hold her and fuss over her - she was a champ. Of course, Violet does love the spotlight, so I was not surprised.

An embarrassment of riches.
Mimi's gift - a walker stroller!
A little mommy already!
The tunnel! Violet didn't  hesitate to dive into this one!
Here she comes!
Grandma's present - a rockin', ridin' push-me-mobile!
But of course, all good things must come to an end. Violet did not want her big day to be over and had a colossal meltdown when Daddy innocently tried to help her with one of her toys. I was a bad Mommy and decided to snap pictures instead of rushing over to pick her up. Even beside herself, she's still adorable.

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!
It really was too funny - the girl was so good all day long, it was only a matter of time. Rest assured, she went to bed content. As did I. But boy am I glad we only have to do this once a year! I am exhausted! (And I just baked another batch of cupcakes for Violet to take to school tomorrow on her actual birthday.) I am ready to close the book on this year and start the next one!

1 comment:

  1. She is such a doll in that outfit. Is it horrible that I find that last picture, of her melting down, completely endearing and adorable? You just want to kiss those ruby cheeks of hers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...