2.20.2011

You are Invited...

Even though she won't officially turn one until Tuesday, we celebrated Violet's birthday today. It was such a sweet afternoon. I was stressing a bit over the whole first-birthday thing, seeing as this is the first party I've thrown for a child of my own. Should I go all out and hire a clown? Get a custom made cake? Buy a party theme pack so the invitations will match the napkins, which match the plates, which match Violet's outfit?

In the end, I decided to keep it simple, DIY what I could, and try my hand at being crafty without stressing out too much over the tiny details. (Although the invitations did match the napkins, which matched the plates, and Violet's outfit.) Here's a little peek at the pre-party planning that went down earlier. (Actual party pictures to come!)

And so you get a sense of the theme...
Yep, made 'em myself! Fly on over... get it?

Red and black. Who can resist that color combination?!
Tower 'o cupcakes

Seriously, how cute are these?! So proud of myself, have to admit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...