1.31.2011

Monday's Child

49 Weeks


Violet sits entranced by Daddy's vacuuming skills. Does she look tired enough for bed yet? We've had a couple late nights, including one at Grandma's when this little munchkin got to stay up until 10 p.m! But the grandparents were having such a good time, no one wanted to be the first to shut their eyes.

We spent the weekend in Peachtree City so I could go to book club (first time without Violet... awesome!) and celebrate my birthday with all the folks. My mom cooked a big lasagna lunch, Lee Anne made red velvet cake, I got some fun new things (clothes, stuff for the house... these days it's the necessities that get me excited!) But perhaps the best present was getting to drop Violet off with my in-laws while I got some shopping done and enjoyed book club. Now that Violet is crawling, watching a movie while running defense just isn't possible, especially at someone else's house. I was really able to relax and enjoy my time with my favorite girls, even though it meant leaving my girl behind. We had actual adult conversations with each other! And they weren't about the baby! It was refreshing. Of course, I promised to host next month so Violet can once again be the star attraction - what can I say, my pals love her!

Today when I picked Violet up from daycare, I stood on the other side of the half wall and watched her play before I announced my presence. It is so nice to see how much fun she has there when I'm not around. She was so busy with all the toys, standing up and walking with the push toys, playing happily by herself. Sometimes I wonder if she really is okay there, but moments like that reassure me that she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...