1.01.2011

Resolutions

So do you make New Year's resolutions? I normally always do. And I have a theory. The best resolutions are measurable. Sure, everyone wants to exercise "more". But how to you measure that? The resolutions that work best are the ones that involve specifics. One year I made a different resolution for each month. You can do anything for a month, after all! One month I gave up soda, one month I made it a goal to floss every day. Some months worked out better than others, but it made for an interesting year.

This year, my goal is to find a church. I really want to have a church home. I think it's important for Violet that she grows up in a church-going family, so that going each Sunday morning becomes second nature, a habit. And it's important for me, for our marriage, that we find a church where we can get involved and build relationships. We moved around so much in the past, it was hard to find a church. By the time we finally found one we liked, it was time to move on! But now that we have our house and are putting down roots, I think the time is finally right. I know it won't be easy - I have a lot that I look for when it comes to a church. And it will take a while to get in the habit of going each week, giving up my lazy Sunday mornings to make it to a service. But it's important. And it's my goal this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...