1.16.2011

Resolution Sunday: Promising

So I am finally heading back to work tomorrow, after a long absence. Who knew a little snow would leave us stuck at home for a week! It's been a good time, though. Violet has really been a sweet girl, playing so nicely with all her toys and pulling up on just about anything. Oh, and did I mention we bought a fabulous new TV and blue-ray player over the weekend?

And speaking of good times, Matt and I finally took advantage of daycare's Parents Night Out option and had ourselves a fabulous date night! We headed out with our neighbors to a fun little place, Kozmo, where we wined and dined the night away. It was nice going out without worrying about Violet. She was in a familiar place, with people she knows and friends to play with. Hopefully we'll be taking advantage of Parents Night Out in the future!

So after last night, I wasn't sure I was going to make it to church today. For one thing, my friends from last week all bailed, so I knew I'd have to go alone. Plus I hadn't figured out where I should visit this week. I got my friendly little accountability text from K next door, and in it she suggested I try Perimeter Church. Matt looked it up for me, and the deal was sealed when I saw the website's tab called "attire" that gave me permission to wear jeans. So my jeans and I set out alone this morning and... I loved it! Perimeter looks HUGE on the outside (I almost got lost in the parking lot, for crying out loud) but the sanctuary was quite manageable. Everyone I asked for directions (I'm telling you, the place is really, really big) was super friendly. The nursery looked nice and there were a ton of kids running around. The worship was awesome, exactly my style. I didn't feel like the band was performing or putting on a show for the audience (a big gripe of some other big churches I've been to) and they had the perfect mix of praise songs and even threw in a couple hymns for me! The message wasn't a glossy little run over the scriptures, but was an in depth look at the Bible passage, broken down verse by verse. I liked the pastor and his style. And even though I was sitting there by myself in the massive sanctuary with its glowing floor-to-ceiling windows, surrounded by thousands of people I didn't know, I didn't feel alone at all. I'm taking Matt back next week to get his opinion and then we'll put it to a democratic vote. I'm excited to go back!

1 comment:

  1. Perimeter has an awesome day camp for when Violet is 4 yrs old and ready for Camp All-American... I used to work there!!! Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...