1.24.2011

Monday's Child

 48 Weeks


I started making Violet's birthday invitations this year. Apparently I'm more crafty than I thought, because I just couldn't bring myself to buy any of the ones I found online. So homemade we shall go! Also, as an aside, Michael's sells everything! Need edible eyes for your cupcakes? Want brads that look like musical notes? Just have to have a cake pan in the shape of, well, just about anything you can think of? Yep, you've landed in the right place. I don't think I'll ever be one of those super crafty moms that open their own Etsy store and handmake everything from clothes to candles, but it's nice that I can tackle something like a birthday party with relative confidence. (I also am not one of those moms who is going crazy over a kid's party, so don't expect fireworks or pony rides or anything... yet.)

Violet is cutting a new tooth, which might be the reason my friend was up at ten till five this morning. Considering my alarm was set to go off 40 minutes later, the rest of my night's sleep was pretty much done. I honestly don't know how I'm getting by these days... I keep going to bed later and Violet keeps waking up earlier! At some point one of us is going to have to break the cycle. At least the tooth seems to be the culprit, which means an end is in sight. But just in case, perhaps I should sign off and get in bed early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...