1.06.2011

BFF

Violet has a new best friend... She doesn't have a name yet, but I can tell they are destined to be close for a long, long time.

When I went to check on Violet at our New Year's Eve party, this was how I found her...


I was reading about how this is the age when kids adopt loveys, blankies, whatevers, and start getting very attached. I'm wondering if we're seeing the start of just such a relationship. Apparently, forming a bond with a lovey shows that a child has developed "inner strength and resourcefulness," to quote my weekly baby development email, "qualities that come from being well-nurtured by a loving parent." Plus, I just think it's cute that Violet loves her new friend.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so cute when they attach themselves to a doll? You may want to invest in one or two more, just in case... we have a total of 4 Curious George monkeys (3 are always in hiding), it would be a tragedy if we lost him! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...