1.25.2011

Staying Up Late

Remember yesterday's speech about being sleep deprived? Well, I have no one to blame but myself (and Violet, just a little bit). Friday night we stayed out late having a karaoke marathon at the neighbors. It was fantastic. I forgot how much I love belting out show tunes, especially around people who also love belting out show tunes. We covered the gamut from Les Mis to Britney, with a little Journey thrown in for good measure. Excellent. I sang so much my throat hurt the next day!

Speaking of the next day, Matt and I were off to respective bachelor/ette parties, so Mimi came up to babysit. I'm not sure who had more fun, my mom or Violet! Mimi  indulged Violet in one of her favorite activities ever - riding in her car! Matt and I are way too lazy to pull out the car, because once Violet catches sight of it, it is game over for the next hour. She cries if you try to take her off. But Mimi could spend hours pushing her around the house and Violet took full advantage!

Aw yeah, I'm sitting in my car.

Sunday morning, my mom graciously stuck around to watch Violet again while Matt and I went to church together. I wanted to see if Matt would like Perimeter Church as much as I do. If so, we could have a new church home. And.... success! While we're not about to sign on a dotted line or anything, we both really enjoy the feeling we have at Perimeter. For such a gigantic church, it actually feels very warm and close. Next up, taking Violet to the nursery there (although my mom actually offered to drive up here on Sundays to watch our girl - what a grandma!)

Anyway, all that to say, we had a jam-packed weekend, and the next two look to be just as busy. Do you know what happens next week? I'm not sure I'd call it a cause for celebration but I'm hitting my own milestone: 3-0. Let's talk about it later.

You're thirty, I'm flirty!

2 comments:

  1. Kristine she is so beautiful! I haven't kept up on all your mommy adventures but do enjoy checking in now and again, and she is a doll!

    Yes...30....can you believe it? I'm trying not to freak out, how are you doing? Life is good, no regrets, it's just.....30? Dang. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violet looks like a little momma with her Minnie Mouse in a blanket!!! Taking her for a ride in the famous car that she loves. Such a cute little girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...