1.28.2011

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...

One year ago today, the doorbell of our new house rang and there on the steps stood my two neighbors and their four boys. I had no idea how big a part of our lives they would become. I hoped for good neighbors, the kind I could borrow a cup of sugar from, people who we could call friends and not merely wave at as we drove by. Little did I know that they would become such wonderful friends, my support system, the people I call in the middle of the night to ask ridiculous favors that are always accepted, the ones I turn to for advice on everything from child-rearing to home repair. We are surrounded by two of the most generous, caring families I have ever met. Through them I got a job, we've inherited millions of baby toys, and we cook and eat dinner together every week. They were an answer to a prayer that hadn't left my lips yet, and I am thankful every day for them.

On our way out of daycare today, we passed my neighbor A. on her way in. Violet was so excited to see her, the girl practically jumped out of my arms to get to hers! I love that they love each other.

Also, some of you might wonder why I don't post pictures of this dear crew or mention them by name much... Well, this is my blog that I splash all over the internet. They haven't asked to be a part of it, although they inadvertently are, since they are a part of my life. And while they might not mind, I choose to respect their privacy by limiting how much of their lives I share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...