9.13.2010

Violet's New Ride

So we survived another busy weekend. They just aren't long enough. I somehow end up more exhausted at the end than when they start out! But we make the most of every second. Matt and I got things started in the most delicious way - a trip to the Biscuit Barn! After driving by it every day on his way to work, Matt finally tried it and made me so insanely jealous by his mouth-watering descriptions that I extracted a promise that he'd take me there on our way to Peachtree City for the weekend.

I thought I liked big, fluffy, Chick-fil-a style biscuits. Now I realize how misled I've been. Those biscuits are nothing but a gummy mouthful of dough. What you want is a larger, flatter biscuit so the top gets a little crispy and melts in your mouth. Perfection. I got the bacon, egg and cheese and the bacon was nice and crunchy, not limp and chewy like some other places. I could go on and on. And we'll be going back.

Also, the Biscuit Barn on a Georgia football Saturday is the perfect place to take your adorable child dressed in her precious UGA outfit, because admiring looks and whispers will just follow you around. Mommy and baby both love that attention!

So then it was off to Peachtree City, where we watched a day full of football (some for better, some for worse) at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Violet loved playing with them and really liked the NYC hat they brought back for her from their recent vacation to the Big Apple.

Is the backwards cap look still cool?
 
Exhausted after a disappointing Georgia game, resting up for the Ohio State match-up...

 Violet's new ride!
 
Violet and I headed to my parents' house on Sunday for lunch and some more family time. Mimi has been hitting the garage sale jackpot and managed to buy 100 kids books for only ten bucks, so Violet has a fully stocked library now. My mom also scored a practically brand new stroller for only 20 dollars, and Violet tried it out to much success. (The sellers told her they loved using it at Disney World and that was all the incentive Mimi needed!)

Loving on Aunt Chitra after lunch.

So it was a good, long, exhausting weekend. We came home with a truck full of furniture we are inheriting from Matt's grandma, another load is being delivered tomorrow, and after this morning's pediatrician pit stop, we are all back into the swing of things. It's going to be a crazy week at school for me, but really, I've learned not to expect anything less! Hang in there, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...