9.28.2010

Sippy

I have some villagers! One day after my rant, things are already looking up. The first person to join my village (inadvertently, without even realizing he did so) is Zac, the director of Violet's daycare. When I called to report that her fever would sadly keep her out of school today, he said to send her on in, since the fever was due to her ear infection. So both Mommy and Daddy got to go to work today! Thanks Zac!

The next member of my tribe, this time joining very intentionally, is my pal Marla. She sent me the sweetest note today, offering to work from home so she could watch Violet for us. I really can't express how her generosity makes me feel. She even assured me that things wouldn't be too busy so she'd have plenty of time and attention to devote to Violet. Amazing. People are so good. Thanks Marla! Even if we don't have to take you up on the offer, the fact that you put it out there (and let's face it, taking care of a sick baby is no walk in the park) speaks for itself.

I should also include Violet's teachers in my village, since they are doing such a fabulous job of helping raise my child when I'm at work. I called a couple times today to check in with Ms. Tracie (Violet's favorite) and got a good report each time. When Violet refused to drink from her bottle, Ms. Tracie simply put it in a sippy and next thing you know, my girl's all grown up! I tried the same trick at home and no dice, so I'll need to figure out the secret tomorrow. When I give Violet a sippy, here's what we get:


That look of intense concentration? Yeah, she's just chewing on the top of the sippy. No drinking involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...