9.14.2010

Things That Go Bump

Violet fell off the couch today. I know, I know. She seems fine, though, thank the good Lord. Here's how it went down (literally). She fell asleep while nursing this afternoon, so as I often have, I scooted her off my lap and onto the couch, snuggled into the Boppy pretty securely. (I know, smarter people would have seen this coming, go ahead and hand out the Mom of the Year award now. But normally she's passed out so hard I've never had to worry.) Well, with Matt and Grandma home and everyone talking and having a good time, Violet woke up just a few minutes into her nap and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Before we knew it, there was a squeal, a bang, and a wail. In a horrible instant I knew what had happened and we all raced to find Violet sitting on the floor between the couch and the coffee table, crying her poor heart out.

There isn't a bump. There was barely a mark, in fact, and she calmed down as soon as I swooped her up. So I'm going to declare her okay. But she scared us all pretty good, herself included, and naptime on the couch is officially over.

Happier couch times. This is NOT the scene of the crime.

It's been that kind of day, in fact. I left school halfway through the day with a killer migraine that just refused to quit until I crawled in bed and turned off the lights. Somehow sitting in my semi-darkened classroom with my head on a hard desk just wasn't doing it, imagine that. I feel lame for taking a sick day for something stupid like a migraine, but there wasn't much else I could do. It's been over a year since I had one, so I guess I was due, but I hope this doesn't mean they'll be appearing on a regular basis.

Anyway, we're both fine now. Violet got to feed herself some sweet potatoes at dinner tonight, and now she is playing on the floor with Daddy and Grandma while I bake a mountain of cookies for tomorrow's staff meeting. We are hosting the neighbors for spaghetti and meatballs at our new dining room table tomorrow, very exciting! And life continues to roll on (just not off the couch anymore).

2 comments:

  1. Falling off the couch is nothing. Nora fell down the stairs, twice, when she was about 8 months old. Who knew she could crawl that fast? Glad Violet is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she was okay as she sure scared all of us last night. We all should have known better, but she seemed so sound asleep!! It was a short fall, so just a good warning to us. She is changing ever so fast.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...