9.27.2010

Monday's Child

31 Weeks


In all the drama today, I almost forgot to take Violet's Monday picture. Luckily, Matt was on hand to snap this shot of our little girl, finally feeling better (downright hyper is more like it). Hopefully that means the antibiotics are working and she'll be right as rain tomorrow. Matt's going to take the early shift, I'll take over at lunch, and between the two of us, hopefully we'll get through the day. Also, I know in the past I've worried that my Friend is a little... chunky. Well, she dropped 10 ounces between Friday and today's doctor visit, so perhaps a few extra rolls in case of emergencies isn't such a bad thing.

In other too-much-info news, my boobs have officially been retired. With Violet's illness, she was so fussy that breastfeeding was impossible and it made for a natural ending. Maybe it's good it happened this way - I was too worried about Violet to really dwell too much on the grand finale. I miss it, I do. It's a bonding experience, sure. But it's also way more convenient to nurse her in the morning compared to scrambling for a clean bottle and measured formula. However, I'm very excited to get half my wardrobe back, not to mention my bra collection. (Although I'm realizing that after not wearing half my clothes for almost a year now... I don't love them so much anymore. Might be time for an upgrade one of these days when I win the lottery.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...