7.14.2011

Back in Style

My friend Jeanette finally had her baby! Okay, this is way old news, she actually had sweet Madeline about a week after her shower, just as we were setting off on our roadtrip. But now that they are home and settling into a routine, I decided to dust off Violet's old bouncy seat and bring it over so it could be put to good use again. Violet loved this thing - it was known to travel from room to room with me, even getting some countertop action (I know they say not to use it anywhere but the floor, but at two months she wasn't going anywhere and I don't know why I'm even bothering to defend myself when I don't feel guilty!) while I was cooking. I was hoping Jeanette would find it just as useful, and besides, it was just sitting around gathering dust in our Hoarders-style bonus room.

Don't worry, I washed it. Just in time for Violet to drool all over it again.

Well! Little did I know how fascinating Violet would find it! First she tried to climb in. Then I explained it was a place for babies to sleep, and she promptly brought her dolls over for a try. She's going to be such a good little mommy one day!

Tucking those babies in just right!
Violet got to meet baby Madeline earlier this week and things went pretty well! We had lots of talks about gentle hands first, and she didn't poke the baby's eye out or try to bite her, so I'm chalking this one up as a success. NOT that we are in any way, shape, or form ready to have another one right now. I'm just saying...
Violet demonstrates what we say when a baby is sleeping: "Shh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...