7.15.2011

What Could Have Been

Lament. Woe. Why me. Sigh.

I could have been famous, ya'll.

I've had two recent brushes with fame that I've neglected to tell you about, but I choose now to share so you all can say you knew me when...

First up, you may have read my recent review of Spoiled. Well, I loved it so much, I also tweeted it. And wouldn't you know it, those sweet Fug Girls retweeted me for all to see!

That's the good news. Now here comes the heartbreaker. First some background. I read Real Simple Magazine. I get their updates in my Facebook feed. They post questions for us readers to answer, some of which are published in each edition. Recently, the question dealt with making dinnertime easier. Well, I have a lot to say on that subject which all boils down to basically, find some fabulous neighbors and start cooking dinner for each other!

Well, Real Simple liked my answer so much, they wanted to publish it in the magazine, plus they asked me all sorts of follow up questions!

Tragically, I never got the message. Maybe it went into my spam folder. Maybe it didn't get priority since I'm not actually "friends" with the writer. There was even a follow up email, which I just found tonight, asking (nay, begging) for a response. The girl even included her personal phone number (ya'll, that never happens!) and email. But alas, the deadline was over a week ago.

Alas. This is me hanging my head in shame. Dismay. Oh to think what could have been. My MIL thinks I should write my own story and send it to them, but let's face it, with school starting (for me) in less than two weeks, I just don't think I have the time. Besides, I don't want to turn into the lame, stalker-ish reader who thinks everyone is really going to find my life fascinating. Obviously if that was the case, I'd have to ton more followers (no offense to any of you here - love you!)

Anyway, just had to share my little brush with fame. Back to my regularly scheduled boring life now.

3 comments:

  1. Call her! What better invitation do you have than her personal phone #?? If you don't, I will. And I will even try to fake your voice and enthusiasm. In fact my call will probably do more harm than good, so just go ahead and call already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could "Like" Matt's comment on here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think you should write a short story on your "dinner with the neighbors" routine. I'd volunteer to watch Violet so you could do it!!!! (In all your spare time!!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...