7.29.2011

Making a Splash


Just another summer day in the splash pool! Ah memories!

Yesterday was Violet's first day back at daycare. We talked about it a lot beforehand and I thought she was all excited to go, but the jig was up the minute we walked into the room and the teacher literally had to peel her off of me, wailing. So hard. As I told my friend Kelly who is taking her son to daycare for the first time and heading back to classroom, this family is a team. And we all have to do what's best for the team. In this case, that means Violet has to suck it up at daycare while I suck it up at school. Still... it sucked.

But when Matt picked her up in the afternoon, she was apparently all smiles, blowing bye-bye kisses to her long-lost BFF Emma. So that makes me feel better.

What else makes me feel better is that my awesome hubs and I made a huge dent in my classroom yesterday! Sure I came home brain dead and exhausted beyond words (and it wasn't even a full day! And there weren't ever students to contend with!) but we got all the furniture arranged, bulletin boards up, posters hung, laminating turned in, desks positioned... it was a very productive day. I took some before pictures, and rest assured they will be posted soon  (with the after photos, of course). It feels good that I finally got in there and got some stuff done, even though there is so much more to do. Getting started is always the hardest part.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know, since I've gotten a couple very sweet, encouraging comments from my previous down in the dumps posts. Thanks guys! Your uplifting words really do help me and are much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie in the pool. Next year she won't fit in it, but for now, so cute..!!!!! Such a happy little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...