7.19.2011

Clean Me!

The maid comes tomorrow!

I'm so excited. I hate to clean. I'm terrible at it. And finally, finally, someone else gets to do it for me! I knew there was a reason quitting my job, going to grad school, becoming a teacher and going back to work would be awesome! It's finally paying off!

Because look what that poor soul has to contend with:

Slightly appalled that I'm posting this for all to see...
This is our office. Which is right next to the front door for everyone to see. You walk inside and literally can't miss it. And the room doesn't have a door, just a large opening so you can easily view the horror that is inside.

To be fair, it's currently being trashed by all my back-to-school supplies, which will be migrating out of the house and into my classroom sometime next week. (Yes, I head back to school next week. And that's depressing enough for me to stop thinking about it right now.)

But since I've put it on full display, how about my new stash of book boxes (tall, multicolored stack by the windows), courtesy of the Target dollar spot (or rather, the 2.50 spot)? Nice, huh? I can't tell you how many teachers were salivating over these, and how quickly we've bought out the entire stock. These came thanks to my mom, who raided her Target when mine was all out. She had the stock boy go into the back not once but twice to score this haul.Thanks mom!

So I guess I'll be spending this evening pre-cleaning the house so the maid won't be horrified and quit on the spot. And she'll just have to save this room for the next round. And of course, our Hoarders: Buried Alive bonus room will be off limits. And I'll just apologize in advance for the state of the laundry room...

But still, I'm excited. Because one day, I want my house to look like this. Doesn't it make you want to just weep from the sheer beauty of it all? I mean, who is really that organized besides Monica from Friends? And then who actually goes around taking pictures of their organized-ness (again, besides Monica)?

And finally, who can I pay to do this for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...