7.12.2011

Summer Reading: Spoiled

Here is the latest book is gobbled up on my Kindle. Spoiled is written by two of my favorites, the bloggers behind the hilariously snarky Go Fug Yourself. It is the perfect summer read, just begging to be taken poolside. Amazon describes the book as follows:  Sixteen-year-old Molly Dix has just discovered that her biological father is Brick Berlin, world-famous movie star and red-carpet regular. Intrigued (and a little terrified) by her Hollywood lineage, Molly moves to Los Angeles and plunges headfirst into the deep of Beverly Hills celebrity life. Just as Molly thinks her life couldn't get any stranger, she meets Brooke Berlin, her gorgeous, spoiled half sister, who welcomes Molly to la-la land with a smothering dose "sisterly love"...but in this town, nothing is ever what it seems. I say: Good characters, snappy plotlines, wit and sarcasm galore, and a drool-worthy cover. Sigh. I'm actually a little jealous. These girls are living my dream.

And speaking of, the more I read about the Fug Girls, the more I love them. In this article, they talk about their book and how it fits in the rise of YA popularity. And in this adorable interview, they get real about their jobs, families and each other. Heather, one half of the Girls, is a mom AND has curly hair just like me (we are obviously meant to be soul mates) and has a side gig writing insightful pieces on parenting her two twin toddlers, and I have been going a little stalker on her lately. I'll try to rein it in so you guys don't get concerned for my health or her safety.

Anyway, go get the book and judge for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...