6.28.2010

Monday's Child

18 Weeks!


Is this not such a grown up picture of the Little Miss? I swear, she gets bigger every day. And is this not an adorable outfit? Yeah, good story about that. So these clothes were a gift from our neighbor K., and I've just been waiting for Violet to grow into them so I could dress her up and show her off. Well. Every single time she has worn this outfit, she has pooped in it. I'm not kidding. And it's not just a little poop. It's the kind of squirt that necessitates changing her entire outfit, plus the changing pad cover, and walking her straight to the bathtub and plopping her in. Gross. Today we were at Walmart when Violet started pitching a fit and I got home only to discover, yep, the outfit's streak (haha, get it?) is still alive. And now I'm washing the car seat cover as well. Good times! But she looked good while it lasted.

In other news, we went to the pool! Saturday was perfectly overcast and I jumped on the chance to actually get Violet in the water. I wrestled on her bathing suit, grabbed the floaty and booked it down there. We flew out of the house so fast, poor Matt was left at home doing yard work and missed the whole thing. I was also woefully unprepared as it was lunchtime and I had no food. But we didn't stay that long, anyway. Just long enough for Violet to enjoy the water (apparently not screaming = enjoying, I'm told) and make tons of new friends. No one can resist a cute baby, apparently! I felt bad for all the other kids, though. Their moms kept yelling for them not to splash around the baby (which I appreciated, but was unnecessary. I can protect my own!) Alas, not having Matt there means there are no beautiful photographs of Violet's first dunk, but I'm sure we'll rectify that soon.

In the meantime, you can enjoy this close encounter of the cute kind:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...