6.09.2010

The Bearded One Cometh

Violet made some new friends this weekend. First up, the lovely Shannon.


Shannon and I have been friends since high school. We sang in the chorus together, took various road trip adventures, and when she decided to move to Texas, we roamed around Fort Worth together. She inherited our old couches when we departed, and just bid her own fond farewell to them as she takes off for an exciting new music therapy internship at a children's hospital in Utah. Anyway, I love Shannon and apparently Violet does too.

The same can't really be said for this guy. I think Violet is a little wary of men with beards. Especially one as thick and luscious as Marcus's...


But all was not in vain. For putting up with the mountain man, Violet was reward with her very own ExerSaucer! It might be a wee bit big for her still, but no doubt she'll be rocking it in no time! Look at that intense concentration already! If only she showed this much motivation to learn how to roll over. (I know, I know, I shouldn't rush it. I can't help it - it's my competitive nature.)


The new toy kept Violet busy while I headed out on the town for my very first girls' night out post-baby. I had to call it an early night (thanks to my 7 a.m. alarm clock that doesn't have a snooze button... at least not one that I've found yet!) but it was fun while I lasted.

Too lazy to fix the red eye, sorry!

The occasion - Wendi's bachelorette party. The location - Flip Flops (among other places). The weather - fabulous. The bride-to-be - beautiful. My boobs - getting bigger by the minute! Poor Kelly and Jenny had to endure me pumping in the backseat on the way home but I like to think I was just educating them on what lies in store one day. 

There was some drama when my mom called at 7:30 to say that Violet wasn't taking her bottle. She was just screaming whenever they tried to offer it to her. Could something be wrong with the milk? That's the worst feeling - being so far away from your kiddo when you have no idea what's wrong. Matt usually gives Violet the bottle, so I have no idea if that was normal behavior (I suspect not, or I would have heard about it by now). Nor did I really know what to do. Eventually she took it just fine, and the next one as well, but I still don't know what happened and now I'm a little nervous about leaving her in someone else's hands again, especially when I can't tell them what to do or how to fix it. Sucks, because Violet is up for three different babysitters next week as we head to a rehearsal dinner, wedding, and Conan O'Brien at the Fox! Oh well, here's hoping no more problems like that arise.

1 comment:

  1. Man, Violet is concentrating HARD on that toy! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...