6.01.2010

Life is in the Details


So it's the little things that matter.

Violet just woke herself up by farting.

The other day, she was sucking merrily away on her pacifier until she spotted me. Her eyes lit up and she started to smile.  Suddenly a wave of concern passed over her, furrowing her brow, as she quickly realized her smile was causing the beloved pacifier to slip from her mouth.


We spent a good five minutes cracking up when, every time Matt touched her nose, Violet opened her mouth wide and said "aaah".

Sometimes I think Violet does something cute just to get me to smile at her. And then when I do, she looks absolutely delighted. Other times I'm trying so hard to get her to smile, and eventually she does, but with a confused "Okay, you obviously want me to smile and I'm not sure why, but I will..." look on her face.

Her burps are starting to have an old-man-beer-belch quality to them. Juicy!

When I breastfeed her, Violet sometimes punches me in the boob with her little fist as if to say, "I know there's got to be more in there!" Although at the rate her little belly is expanding, I'm not sure she needs any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...