3.18.2010

Product Placement

So after appealing for advice on what type of baby swing to buy, the votes were overwhelming for a travel swing. Many of you specifically mentioned the Fisher Price travel swing, and lo and behold, my local Target had one in stock. And I had a nice, fat gift card accumulated from all the baby stuff I'd bought, second-guessed and returned. So the stars were in alignment and on Tuesday I bought this:
Cute, huh? Anyway, after Tuesday night's midnight marathon (see previous post), I decided it was time to put the thing together. Which Matt handily did. And then, God bless him, he even ventured out into the night to buy the necessary batteries that I didn't think to pick up while I was purchasing the swing.  So now we own a nice, portable baby swing (at least until she grows too big for it). But will Violet like it? The jury is still debating this one. I had her in it for a minute or two today, but alas, today is not going as well as yesterday and she didn't seem impressed. Of course, she was also pretty pissed that I was trying to keep her awake. That's right - yesterday's productive awake time has given way to today's sleepy head. Ah well, you win some, you lose some. She's young, she'll learn.

The swing batteries weren't the only thing Matt returned home with last night, however. I'm pleased to introduce you to what is possibly the best ice cream on the planet:

Holy... this stuff is GUD. So creamy, so sweet. Such an interesting flavor, reminiscent of coffee ice cream, but... not. (Hey, I'm not a gourmet expert food critic, I'm just a fan.) And you can pretend it's good for you because it's made with only five all-natural ingredients, listed right there on the carton: milk, cream, sugar, eggs, brown sugar. And no, I'm not paid to say this. Although if Haagen-Dazs suddenly took notice of my lowly little blog and this humble little pitch and decided to reward me with, say, a lifetime's supply (one carton per day should suffice) of this piece of Heaven, I wouldn't turn it down.

And that concludes today's product placement pitch. We now return you to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...