3.15.2010

Monday's Child

 Happy 3 Weeks, Violet!

Monday's Child is fair of face... give or take a couple baby zits. Mommy needs to do a better job washing her baby (if only the baby wouldn't scream so much during bathtime!)

So I know it's not Easter yet, but this outfit is just too cute not to put her in now. I'm worried she'll be too big for it when the actual day arrives! (I have no idea how quickly she's growing... All I know is, she grew a whole inch in her first two weeks!) Also, the outfit was a gift from my sweet mentor teacher Bea and I wanted to show everyone what good taste she has.

I celebrated Violet's three week birthday by making our first solo trip out together. We went to Michael's to pick out a picture frame for the guest bathroom. She was good as gold, sleeping the whole time except for a few little squeaks as I checked out. In fact, it's been a pretty good day all around. By 10:45 a.m. I had already gotten up, eaten breakfast, had my coffee, fed Violet, taken a shower and pumped. Naturally, it couldn't all be perfect, seeing how little Vi freaked out when we got home. I thought she was hungry, which she might have been, but the giant poop she was working on distracted her from eating very well. But she's napping (and squeaking) now, while I enjoy a much deserved Diet Coke. It's been a good start to the first week we'll spend all on our own. Here's hoping the rest of the week goes down just as productively and smoothly.

Oh, and we are in the market for a baby swing. It's the one baby product we lack that everyone seems to hail as hands-down necessary. Anyone have a recommendation for me? I'm looking for the one that will magically put Violet to sleep no matter how cranky or gassy she may be and keep her happy for hours on end while I do laundry or, Lord willing, take a nap. You know, the one YOUR kid loves! Email me or comment here with any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...