3.10.2010

Little Victories

This time, I'll be sailing
No more bailing boats for me
I'll be out there on the sea
Just my confidence and me

And I'll be awful sometimes
Weakened to my knees
But I'll learn to get by
On little victories 
- Matt Nathanson

Sometimes it's the little things. For the first time today, I managed to work up the courage to take a shower without anyone else around to watch over my sleeping baby. Sure, I locked the bedroom door just in case the cat happened to grow three feet and opposable thumbs. And yes, I took the baby monitor into the bathroom with me and jacked the volume up so I could hear it over the running water. And naturally, I kept imagining I heard her crying, even though it was just in my head or probably the sound of the classical music I was playing for her. But even with all that, it was a rather enjoyable, steaming hot shower. And Violet kept sleeping so I could even do my hair. And eat lunch. And start a load of laundry. In fact, she's still sleeping! I'm actually going to have to wake her up so she can eat. But score one for the mommy today. My little victory.

She ponders the mysteries of the world as she sleeps. Or perhaps she's solving world peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...