3.01.2010

Happy One Week!

 
 Happy One Week Birthday, Violet!

I figured it was a good excuse to get back to the blog... Violet is officially one week old! My mom and I celebrated by singing Happy Birthday to her at exactly 11:25 a.m., and mom swears she smiled at us afterward. Or she was working on a fart, you never can tell. But we'll call it a smile just the same. It's amazing... she's actually been here an entire week. And to think, I was convinced she was going to be late and I'd still be pregnant at this point! This post also marks the first of what I hope becomes a tradition - an official Monday portrait each week to mark her progress.

To everyone who has called, emailed, snail-mailed, texted or stopped by in person - thank you! You all seem to think Vi is just precious beyond belief and we can't help but agree. My version of the birth story to come, I promise, I just need to gather my thoughts on it all. Until then, I'll try to keep this blog updated as much as possible. Violet has instantly become a member of a huge, loving family made up of so many people who care about her. So thank you. I can't say it enough. The journey is just beginning! (Wow, having a baby has made me so cheesy! Bear with me. Enough blow-out diapers should cure that somewhat.)

2 comments:

  1. dear lord that baby is ADORABLE! and i am still seeing tons of precious lukas resemblance. great job mommy. i am going to read the birth story tomorrow...i cant wati!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that picture! She's already changed so much. Happy 1 week birthday Violet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...