3.23.2010

The One Month Stats

One month check-up complete! And talk about progress! Two weeks ago Violet weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces, putting her in the 25th percentile for weight. Today, she put up an impressive 8 pounds 11 ounces! I know, I know, that's probably what your baby weighed when he was born. But for my little girl, it means just one thing. My boobs are working! She also grew another half inch to hit 20 3/4 inches. Now her length, head circumference and weight are all in the 50th percentile. Ah, I never thought I'd be so happy to have a completely average baby!

And in even bigger news... she rolled over! Right there in the doctor's office! Everyone was surprised, none more than Violet herself.

 I did what??

My next goal is to capture it on camera. Although I won't be surprised if we don't see that move again for awhile. There's something about Dr. Teague that brings out the best in Violet. She loves her doctor and loves even more to show off for her. Sure, she cries when I take her clothes off. But she has no problem hanging out in only her diaper as long as the doc is watching.

So it was another good report. We go back in a month, which bums me out a bit. If I had my way, we'd be dropping by the pediatrician to get Violet weighed every week. It's the only thing that completely assures me we're not breaking her or anything. Although at our next visit, there will be lots of shots involved, so maybe I shouldn't be in such a hurry to return. We'll see how much Violet adores Dr. Teague after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...