3.13.2010

Anatomy of a Bath

We've noticed that little Violet hates to be naked. I guess I should be happy that a career as a stripper doesn't seem in the cards for her. But when it comes to changing her diaper in the middle of the night, I could do without all the drama.

So we didn't have much hope in bath time going smoothly. So many people have told me about the lovely, soothing bath time routine they have instituted for their children, how it helps calm and ready them for bed. Sounds like my cup of tea. But how soothing can it be when your wailing child, as her Uncle Lukas pointed out, has the makings of being a never-nude? Well, we wouldn't know unless we tried. Plus, that kiddo was dirty. Bath time it was!

Naked pictures on the internet already! No wonder she's upset!
Yeah... it went down pretty much like we thought it would. Also, this picture gives her one hilarious buddha belly! Poor thing. I promise she's not really that fat. And I promise she eventually stopped screaming. She was okay for a second after she hit the water. Then the indignity of it all suddenly registered.  Poor Mimi was proud of me for even finishing the bath. I'm sure she would have thrown in the metaphorical towel and pulled her granddaughter out of there much sooner. In all, Violet only languished for a few short minutes, long enough for me to wash her hair, not long enough for me to scrub her back. But at least she didn't poop in the water (my number one fear!).

Why, Mom... WHY????
Look at that face! She looks so appalled. Like she literally can't believe we just did that to her. Poor girl. The good news is, our little never-nude calmed down as soon as we had her decently covered up again.

She forgives me... And I have myself a nice, clean baby girl! 

So I can't say how relaxing the nice, warm bath before bedtime was for either of us. We'll have to work more on that. Although truth be told, I think she can go a few more days before our next attempt. Violet doesn't get that dirty, after all. And for those of you who claim a bath is a great way to kick off bedtime... yeah, when should I be expecting that reaction? Maybe what I need is a baby-sized pair of cut-off denim shorts...

Proof that we all survived the experience.

1 comment:

  1. we still dont give judah baths everyd day and he loves them, gets super dirty and it relaxes him like crazy. those tiny ones definitely can go days between baths. no shame. and i don't think the bath as a bedtime routine thing generally works until she is sleeping longer and knows her nights from days. that took 2 or 3 months for judah. she is so freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...