5.16.2010

Happily Ever After

Well, the wedding was beautiful. Congratulations James and Natalie! A good time was had by all. Even me, even with my girl so far away.

 See how relaxed and happy I am? I'm not kidding, I really did enjoy myself.

Now I think I know how Matt feels every time he leaves for work. It's hard, but you leave because you have to. And you trust that the hands you've left your child in are kind, steady ones. And they were. Even though Matt made fun of me for how often I called home, every time I received a good report. Violet ate on schedule, loved hanging out on the back porch, and my sister even pitched in with the diaper changing like a pro! I'm so glad my parents were able to come up and watch Violet for us - it definitely made the experience an easier one.

Of course, the rockin' R2D2 groom's cake helped as well. As did the adorable little flower girl. Too sweet. It made me wonder if Violet will ever be a flower girl. Then it made me realize that one day she'll be walking down the aisle and I'll be the Mother of the Bride. And I had to immediately stop that train of thought before it freaked me out. Back to R2D2...


But since no posting would be complete without a glimpse of Violet...

Master of the Bumbo

Big week ahead. Tomorrow Violet will be 12 weeks old. And on Saturday, my fabulous friend Shelly and her awesome daughter Katelyn will be coming for a visit all the way from Texas! Whoo hoo! We haven't seen each other in faaaar too long (good sweet Lord, was it at her wedding last June?! Uncool. Although coincidentally, and in the vein of TMI, I'm pretty sure that's when Violet was conceived...) and lots of fun is on the books. Oh who am I kidding, we'll spend most of our time sitting around staring at Violet, probably! But that's fun, right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so jealous. You kids have fun!
    Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw well I'm so glad you guys came - I know it wasn't easy to leave little Violet! She gets more adorable by the day, I swear...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...