5.27.2010

All By Myseeeeelf!

Guess who slept all by herself in her own room last night (and the two nights before that)? Yep, my big girl Violet! She did so well. Mom did less well, naturally. It took me quite a while to get used to her sleeping through the night... she'd be passed out but I was still waking up at 4 a.m. like clockwork to check on her. That finally ended, and now we're on to the next problem. We stayed upstairs in the guest room the last three nights to be closer to the nursery, and while Violet didn't make a peep on the monitor, I was still waking up every few hours. I guess my body just senses that she's not there. But I'm confident I'll get over it pretty quick!

I'll have to take a picture of what greets us each morning when we've gone in to get her. Violet opens her eyes, seems confused for a few seconds, then catches on and gives us the sunniest smile. She just seems so excited to see our faces! Precious. Anyway, just wanted to share another milestone. I'm sure we'll be back downstairs in the master after this weekend and the real test will begin, but I'm feeling good about it.

Moving on: any opinion on the Baby Einstein dvds? I just assumed I'd be the kind of mom who never let my infant watch tv. But she watches it whether I want her to or not! She'll be laying on her playmat, craning her neck to catch a glimpse of the West Wing. So as long as she's watching, I wonder if it should be something relatively educational or at least made for babies (not that the West Wing isn't educational or anything). Thoughts?

Something else: Violet's newly preferred position to be held is upright, facing outward (her back against my stomach). She wants to see the world. But this gets tiring fast and requires two hands (as opposed to propping her over my shoulder). Think this will be continuing? Should I invest in a baby carrier (a la Baby Bjorn or the like)?

And finally... the poll. So for a few short moments, it was tied as to whom (who? whom?) Violet looks like. But Matt has taken the lead again. I don't see it, but apparently you guys do! So thanks for the votes. I guess. Whatever. Everyone pre-birth predicted she would look like me (not that it's any better or anything) but I suppose the verdict is in. Good thing her daddy is handsome.

2 comments:

  1. i loved baby einstein. do i think its educational? nope. but there no people being hateful or violent to each other and no yelling or other stuff. judah watched faithfully until about 5-6 months and it was all that kept our house livable. and the baby bjorn is the way to go for outward facing babes. judah was obsessed with the world by 3 months and having him in that thing made him happy as a clam. its really not hard on your back at all either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should invest in The Muppet Show DVDs! That way, you will enjoy what you're watching as much as she does! I've also heard that a lot of parents like The Wiggles. It's very colorful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...