5.21.2010

First Comes Love...

Dear Matt, five years ago you made me the luckiest, happiest girl in the world.


It all started with Gilligan's Island and a Wendy's frosty. As they say, first comes love, then comes marriage. We've had quite a few adventures since, starting with the roadtrip to Texas the day after our wedding. I think I only cried into Alabama, while you insist it was more like Louisiana. But we both agree I cheered up immensely once I started opening our wedding presents in the car.


Remember Texas... those crazy winds that almost took down our new Ikea painting? The many lovely evenings spent on various patios, various frosty beverages in hand? Remember that crazy shack in Midtown, the one with the cat food-eating rat in the bathroom? But the awesome location down the street from Trader Joe's. And we'll never forget moving day up those flights of stairs in L'ville (and the trip to the ER afterward). Now we're sitting pretty in our fancy new house...


And speaking of adventures, I wonder if we'll ever get back to Sweden some day. Or Yellowstone. Or make another trek to Shiner. I'll be happy if we take another trip to Hawaii!


But the most important part of any journey is that we do it together. And I can't imagine taking a single step without you. I love you!


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet blog! Congratulations you two! May you have many more memorable and lovely memories made in the next 5, 10, and 50 years of marriage.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...