5.15.2010

For the Longest Time

So I'm simultaneously excited and nervous today. This afternoon Matt and I head to Athens to celebrate the wedding of our friends James and Natalie. This is, of course, very exciting and I'm thrilled for my friends and their Happily Ever After. However, we'll be leaving Violet at home with my parents as babysitters. And while Mimi and Grandpa Frank are perfectly capable of taking care of Violet, it's still the longest I've ever been away from her, both in distance and time. If something were to happen, we'd be an hour and a half away. And being gone for that long means I'll be experiencing another first - pumping in public. Okay, not exactly public. My plan is the pump in the car. But still, it's a feat I've not yet attempted.

The good news is, Mimi has watched Violet before, in smaller spans of time. She's given her a bottle in the past, so that won't be new. I've written a detailed instruction manual on everything from operating the bottle warmer to Violet's favorite playtime activities. Mom has spent plenty of time here, so she should know where all the diapers and clothes are. And my sweet neighbor insisted I leave her phone number and promised to check in if needed. So there will be plenty of support and back-up.

I'm going to try and do my best to really enjoy the wedding and even party it up at the reception a little bit (we still have to drive home). Still. I will miss my girl. I will wonder and worry about what's happening at home. I will probably call multiple times and freak out a little if there is crying in the background. But it's a good thing, I think, to experience this separation. Especially since we have other big events coming up that will require the same. So wish me luck, say a little prayer, and I'll be back with an update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...