5.07.2010

Tylenol Recall

It doesn't matter how vigilant a parent you are. I read so many product reviews when I was pregnant, determined to buy the best, safest, most affordable of everything. I obsessed about the firmness of the mattress, make sure Violet sleeps on her back, know about the dangers of blankets, pillows and toys in the crib, etc. And don't even get me started on the whole drop-down side cribs. We're trying so hard to do everything right.

And then MeNeil issues a massive recall of all the infant Tylenol drops. The very medicine I bought and administered after Violet's two-month shots. And yep, our bottle was on the recall list. Awesome. The good news is, I only gave it to her once, and she seems just as fine as she's ever been.

However, I'm still pretty pissed. That's money down the drain! That's my consumer confidence shaken! Plus, it took me quite a while to track down how to get my money back, which irritated me even more. Sure the recall makes big news. But as for what parents can do about it, eh, that information gets hidden on the web. (To be fair, it's probably being widely disseminated now, but when the news first broke, not so much.) So just in case anyone else is having the same problem, here's what I found out. You can go here for the FAQ's on the product recall, including the info on how to get a refund. You can either request money back or get a coupon good for a new product once it's available again. You need various ID numbers from the bottle, so don't trash it yet. In fact, I'm holding onto mine until I see the refund with my own two eyes. I opted for the money. I'm not going to wait around for a coupon... what if I need more medicine before then? I'd rather have the cash, and a new bottle of the generic brand, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...