5.09.2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Wow, I just gained a whole new holiday! But first and foremost, happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

I always said I wanted to grow up to be just like my mom... hopefully I'm on the road. If Violet grows up to have the same open, loving relationship that I have with my mom, I'll consider my job a success. When I went back to school to become a teacher, it gave my relationship with my mom a whole new dimension - we suddenly had this new area of life we could relate to each other. The same thing happened when I had my own child. My mom and I are closer because now we're both mothers. It's not something I really thought of ahead of time, but it's a wonderful new part of life we can share now. Plus, my mom is awesome, so there's that.

And I'm also so lucky to have an awesome mother-in-law. There are so many evil in-law stories out there, but I've never come remotely close to that experience. Lee Anne is fabulous. She managed to refrain from asking when we were going to have kids, save the one baby outfit she bought (because it was on sale, she swears) about two years before Matt and I had Violet (a gentle hint, perhaps?! And hey, she bought a little girl outfit, so she obviously knew something we didn't yet!). She is incredibly generous, both with her time, energy and worldly possessions. From the day I met her, she's made me feel one hundred percent welcome in the family.

So that's the story of my moms - Happy Mother's Day! But this year, I'm a mommy too! And look what was waiting for me when I came out of the shower...



My sweet baby girl got me a Mother's Day card! It's easy to be a mommy when this is who I get to spend all day with! And the card was perfect, like it had been written just for us.

I love how you hug me and snuggle me tight
I love when you make my world feel just right
I love how you read me all those good books
I love when you give me those proud mommy looks
I love that you love me whatever I do
I love that I have a great mommy like you!

I love you Mommy! 
-Violet

Now if that doesn't just make your heart melt... Don't I have the best baby girl (and husband) in the world? In a little bit, we're off to Peachtree City to celebrate with our moms, to whom all credit is due. We might stop by Dutch Monkey for doughnuts on the way out of town. It's shaping up to be a pretty good day.

And to all my wonderful friends out there who are mommies... I look up to each and every one of you. Thank you for being a wonderful inspiration and continuing to shed light on this path I'm on. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. LOOK at that face!!! She is absolutely the sweetest, most beautiful little baby I've ever seen. Have a wonderful 1st Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...