4.20.2011

Double Your Fun?

I read an article the other day that purported to have the magic number and gender combination of children to make the perfect family. Any guesses as to what it is?

Many people would probably say a boy and a girl, one of each, makes for a well-balanced, happy family. Actually, it's what I would say. 

But according to the survey conducted, the ideal family is actually composed of two daughters! The reasons include that two girls are "rarely noisy," they "help around the house," and "really like each other".

A boy and girl came in second, while two boys is the third most perfect setup. But if you're a glutton for punishment, you'll be hoping for four girls, the least favorable sibling combination. Four girls are trouble because you'll obviously have to "buy a bigger house," they will "take ages getting ready for school," and you can expect them to "fight and argue all the time".

Growing up for the majority of our lives, it was just my brother and me, and I think we were a pretty happy family. What about you? Any readers come from a family of four girls? Are sisters best? Rather have boys?

A boy would be fun, but I'd double this trouble any day!

5 comments:

  1. I grew up with 3 girls and 1 boy in the family... sisters are super special! I love it all though... siblings of any kind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would think that 4 girls would be twice as awesome as 2... this survey makes no sense!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's British, after all...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, first of all...what an AWESOME picture of Vi! Second, there are 3 girls in our fam. Wendi and I are closer than I am with Missy, but we all get along very well and love each other very much. I will say this though, there is a show on Lifetime about a family of quadruplet girls. Lord almighty do they fight!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...