11.25.2010

Thankful

What are you thankful for this year?

I'm thankful for my little girl, who shows me every day how challenging and fantastically rewarding it is to be a mother.

I'm thankful for my mom, who has left her footsteps for me to follow, however imperfectly I may stumble in them.

I'm thankful for my husband, who makes this life possible for me. Without him, this roof would not be over my head, this food would not be on the table, this little girl would not be sitting beside us, squealing into her green beans.

I'm thankful for coffee, for a good bottle of red wine, for Diet Coke after a long afternoon. Oh, and dark chocolate. Let's not forget the dark chocolate.

I'm thankful I have a job. And it's a job I happen to enjoy. A job that pushes me each day to be better than I was the day before.

I'm thankful that I love to read. Some people don't, and I feel sorry for them. Reading is a way to escape into another world, a reminder that the world is bigger than the four walls I'm surrounded with each day.

I'm thankful for my family, and my friends and neighbors who have become like family.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...