11.28.2010

Car Seat Blues

Lately whenever I put Violet in the carseat, she starts crying. Any idea what that could be about?

 Don't let this smiling face fool you... Daddy put her in the car this time.

I'm wondering if it's my method... She's so heavy, and the seat is so awkward, that by the time I maneuver her head under the door frame, I have no choice but to basically drop her into the seat. Not graceful in the slightest. So that could be an issue. (For the record, she doesn't cry when Matt puts her in every morning for our trip to daycare.) I'm also wondering if she's afraid of it, or rather, what it means - she's going to be stuck there in the backseat by herself for an indeterminate amount of time - LAME.

The crying really picks up after I'm loading her in the car to take her home from daycare. She's probably thinking - finally, my mom is back! And then the first thing I do is stick her in the car. It's gotten so bad that all I have to do is open the car door and she freaks out and starts clinging desperately to my neck as if I'm about to abandon her on a desert island filled with baby-eating wildebeests or something.

Anyway, any advice out there from fellow mommies who have experienced something similar?

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing, I'm so sorry. It's weird that she only cries with you. Maybe keep a special toy that stays in the car only? Or a snack? Or a music CD? Maybe she's uncomfortable... put a blanket under her or stretch out the straps? I just wish Violet could talk and tell you why she's sad :-( Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I don't have kids, so really I shouldn't be commenting, but maybe if you put something on her with your scent on it? Like I jacket you're wearing or something? It could be some sort of strange separation anxiety. Does Matt do anything different when he puts her in the seat?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...