11.02.2010

Musical Beds

Remember those allergies I thought Violet had? Well, I'm revising my hypothesis - I think it's a cold. The poor girl (and her poor parents) couldn't get any sleep last night. Violet went to bed just fine at 8:30. But by 10:30, just as we were nodding off, the tell-tale coughing came rattling through the baby monitor.

So we brought her downstairs and put her in the pack-n-play next to our bed. The coughing continued. We tried the car seat. Then Matt had to get up and move the car seat so he could have a better view of the babe. Then I held her. Then she went back in the pack-n-play so I could change my shirt because it was soaked in her drool. More coughing. We tried the car seat again. I'm not sure when anyone fell asleep, but daycare's only comment today was "she had a rough day" (understatement!) and I hit a wall around 2 p.m.

It didn't help that the weather was so cold and dreary that all I wanted was my pj's, a cup of hot chocolate and a big, fluffy blanket. Of which I got none. I settled for cooking chicken tortilla soup and beer bread for the usual supper crowd and received good reviews from all. (Although I'm starting to wonder... the praise tends to be resounding... a bit too good, if you catch my drift. K once made the comment that I tend to not have a lot of confidence in the kitchen (completely true) so everyone should make sure to let me know when I've done a good job, but I wonder if everyone is now on a secret mission to lavish praise one me. If so... I'll take it!)

Oh, and Violet had some canned peaches today, at the urging of my mommy mentors (my neighbors). We are moving the kid on to finger food! First Cheerios, now peaches, and soon the rest of the world! Alas, Violet didn't appear to love the fruit. She's had the baby food version, but I think the texture of the real thing bothered her. She would eagerly pick up a piece from the tray, nonchalantly plop it in her mouth, and immediately start crying. Oh well. We'll try something else tomorrow.

The kids come back to school tomorrow, but at least the week will be halfway done. Here's hoping my Baby Love starts feeling better. We have a big weekend planned and I don't want her to miss a thing (not to mention my life will be that much more stressed and miserable if she's not happy).

Holding the bottle by herself like a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...