11.12.2010

Prelude to Thanksgiving

 Dude, is this day over yet?

Well, we made it to another weekend. I needed this Friday. Somehow, the shorter work weeks (I was off on Monday) end up seeming the longest. Do you experience that as well? Unfortunately, my weekend is already half gone as tomorrow I'll spend all day in Athens, my next-to-last grad school class before my Masters degree. But it's next Friday I'm really looking forward to - the start of Thanksgiving break!

Another class?! Will this never end?
 
Hopefully I can be super productive on Sunday to make up for it. My to-do list has been growing ever longer these days. Order Christmas cards, print our family photos, put away Violet's too-small clothes, get out her bigger sizes, buy wedding gifts and send thank you cards, clean this house, write two papers, start Christmas shopping, figure out how to host our first ever Thanksgiving meal (I'm feeling the sudden pressure for linen napkins and tablescapes).

 I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

As for Violet, she is doing great. She is officially on the other side of the wall at daycare and I keep getting such positive reports. She has really responded to being with the crawlers and walkers, not to mention all the new toys and activities. She has also started eating table food at school as a way to continue the practice we're giving her at home each night. She is really rocking the self-feeding. Her new favorite - mashed potatoes! She cut her first top tooth this week, and we head back to the pediatrician the week of Thanksgiving for her nine month well-check.

 Gotta... work off... some of those... potatoes!

Oh, and remember how I've been so concerned with Violet's lack of motivation when it comes to crawling? Well, the girl is stepping up! It is so obvious that she really wants to crawl now. She can push up onto her knees and scoot herself backwards and in a circle to chase down an elusive toy or the beloved paci. And while she hasn't got all the moves down yet, I'm relieved that at least she wants to try. I think it's just a matter of weeks. So add babyproofing this house to my to-do list. (Sigh. I see my relaxing Thanksgiving holiday disappearing before my eyes...) Hang in there, folks, the holidays approach!

Did someone say "paci"?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your comments below Violet's pictures in this posting. She is something else. Seeing her again tomorrow will be heavenly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...