11.01.2010

Monday's Child

36 Weeks


Well, we are just now recovering from a non-stop weekend of celebration. Fortunately, today was a furlough day (hey, at least we didn't have to deal with the post-sugar apocalypse!) and tomorrow is a teacher work day, so I can ease back into things. Today we took Violet to the outlet mall so she could spend the money Mimi sent her for some new clothes. We picked out some really cute pj's since Violet's toes are trying to push out the ones she has. Thanks, Mimi! In other news, this marks one of the first times I've had to buy clothes for Violet since we are still plowing through the bags and bags of things my pal Heather gave us. I hardly knew what to do with myself! Everything was so cute, it was definitely overload. In the end I just grabbed some stuff and paid for it before I got too overwhelmed with choices.

Violet also learned how to finally get that elusive Cheerio into her mouth. Until now, she's done a great job picking them up and then flinging them around the room. But now she can plop them into her mouth like a pro. Now we have to work on teaching her to eat one at a time... Still, this means we're on to finger food - whoo hoo! Ah, soon she'll be feeding herself entire meals! And not a moment too soon, since rumor has it my Friend will be moving over the half-wall into the "big kids" side of the infant room at daycare. There she will transition to table food and give up the bottle in favor of the sippy (she actually did great drinking her formula out of the sippy cup tonight at dinner).


These pictures should give you a good idea of what our day looked like. I think Violet has allergies. Her entire face just dripped today. Her nose ran, her eyes leaked, the drool faucet was dripping overtime. I'm hoping it clears up soon.

 Sporting the unbuttoned jumpsuit Elvis look, thank-you-very-much.

2 comments:

  1. So funny, we have a bunch of Violet's outfits, just bigger-sized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw another cute outfit in the Cracker Barrell by my place the other day! It was a pull-over cape. Kind of like a poncho but it was pink and soft. Sooooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...