11.22.2010

Nine Months, Monday's Child!

Nine Months! (aka 39 Weeks!)
 

Happy nine months, child o' mine! You have now been in the world exactly as long as you were in the womb, 39 weeks. 

Violet and I are currently enjoying our Thanksgiving break from school, and to be very honest, it has been a bit of an adjustment seeing each other all day long again. All you SAHMs, here's a big hug for you and all you do. Taking care of a kiddo is hard work! Almost harder than taking care of the 200+ kiddos I see at school each day. But far, far sweeter and more precious.


Violet's nine-month well check is tomorrow, so you'll have to wait for the official stats. But suffice to say, this little stinker is moving around more than ever. No, she's not crawling yet, but she can scoot herself something fierce, especially when a prized object is just out of grasp, such as the remote. Or mommy's cell phone. Or anything else with buttons that can cause havoc and/or would be expensive to replace. Why do babies always go after the things you don't want them to? Violet has her own play phone with buttons that light up and play music. Is she swayed? Not one bit. Nope, she wants my phone, even though it doesn't have buttons, even when the screen is dark and the thing just looks like a blank, black inanimate object. Who cares! Mommy seems to like it, so it must be awesome! Gimme that!

The hilarious new face Violet has taken to making, usually after I ask her to say "mama". She is such a tease!
 
Violet has started an awesome new habit of taking a two hour nap each morning. This from the girl who previously wouldn't go down for more than 45 minutes at a time! So I am making the most of my new free time by finishing up the last paper I'll ever need to write for graduate school (!!) and trying to get this house in shape for the holiday hosting we'll be doing in the next few days. I actually managed to get a few Christmas decorations up this weekend (felt a little sacrilegious putting up the garland before Thanksgiving has even arrived, but hey, you use the time you've been given) and I'm really hoping Matt and I will get to start a new Loughman family tradition this year by going to chop down our own Christmas tree sometime this week. But I'm getting ahead of myself. First up, we really need to buy a turkey. So with that, I leave you (for now).

2 comments:

  1. I love those overalls on her! And that scrunchy face just makes me want to squeeze her cheeks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...