10.08.2013

Two Weeks Old

Sleeping in Mama's arms. Getting spoiled already!
It is blowing my mind that Annie turned two weeks old yesterday. Partly because it seems like she's been here forever. She is so chill and laid back, she fit right into our routine with hardly a hiccup. If you had told me after Violet was born that I needed to cook dinner for 11 people not two weeks home from the hospital, I would have laughed hysterically and then probably burst into tears. But we're right back into the swing of things here at the Loughman house, cooking for the neighbors, sharing meals at their houses, jumping right back into real life. And it's a really nice feeling.

Wide awake, waiting for the doctor.
Today was Annie's two week well check.  She's doing great! Once again she's hitting the 90th percentile in all things measured, just like her big sister did. She weighs 9 pounds 1 ounce, just a few little ounces shy of her birth weight. The pediatrician was pleased by everything she saw, and therefore so are we!

I promise she was awake for part of our walk!

After our appointment, I took Miss Annie out on a walk around the neighborhood. Except our neighborhood is full of hills that I'm not quite ready to conquer yet, so we mostly strolled up and down the street. I did make it further than I did the first day, and I'm hopeful about adding a bit more onto our journey each day. It's so nice to get out and about in the beautiful fall weather (while it lasts!), feeling like I'm finally doing something to get my body working again.

A beautiful day in the neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...