7.07.2013

Violet's Room

We have been hard at work redoing the nursery this weekend, but before I show you the progress, I realized I haven't officially debuted Violet's big girl room yet. It's been a steady work in progress for the past few months, but I think it's finally done. Just excuse the dark photos... using my phone as my camera is convenient but has its drawbacks!

Once you step through the door...
We left the purple paint because, hey, Violet likes purple for now. The furniture is Ikea. The bedding is from Land of Nod, as is the garland. I really wanted something nice and bright to pop on the purple walls and with all the white furniture. This definitely did the trick, and I think Violet will be able to keep it for a while. I framed some random scrapbook paper and reclaimed the mirror and cabinet from elsewhere in the house.

Close up of the dresser. Love the print from Naptime Diaries.

Reading nook (sorry for the crappy photo quality).
The reading corner features curtains from Target, two little chairs from Ikea, and spice racks turned book shelves, also Ikea. The "read" sign I got at Hobby Lobby. Thanks, pinterest, for the inspiration! The shelves are nice because they keep the books way more organized that a regular bookshelf, and it puts a limit on the amount of books Violet can keep in her room, so we're not overrun.

Read all about it!

How it all fits together...
And there you have it! I'm pleased with how it turned out, considering I have zero decorating sense or style. Violet seems pretty content with it, too. Now if only we could keep it this neat and clean on a regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...