3.22.2011

Stopping for Gas

The creativity and imaginations of children never cease to amaze me. Today, after a long day of workshopping, plus an even longer trip to Walmart to pick up a few things for my future classroom (there goes a hundred bucks of my own hard-earned money), we came home to a yard full of busy, busy boys. The neighbor kids had gotten together and constructed what every backyard really needs - a gas station. And who was their first customer?

Fill 'er up!

I'm amazed how their little minds work. This "gas tashn" was made with two soccer goals, a couple blankets, a handmade sign, and a willing customer. And it was a bargain at that - only three cents for a fill up! And while they may have accidentally forgotten their customer inside the station a bit too long (she sure is gripping that wheel, ready to make her escape) it's all fair since she didn't have any money. Good thing Dad showed up a few minutes later and settled the bill.

I love how well the boys play with Violet and take care of her. They did most of the entertaining this afternoon, pushing her around in the car, helping her hold the light saber with the proper grip... Ah yes, the unfortunate downside to being surrounded by boys. I see a few too many swords and guns in our future. Still, they are very sweet with her and she loves every minute in their company.

3 comments:

  1. You can just barely see Minnie Mouse trying to escape from the trunk. I guess that car is a VW Bug since the trunk is in the front?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a precious picture that you will look back on and smile about, trust me. Treasure those little boys next door, as they will be such an influence on Violet. And forward a copy to me so I can send a copy to Great Grandma in Ohio, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative of them! I love this picture (and the spelling of the hand made sign). :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...