10.20.2010

If You Seek...

There is a Regina Spektor song that has been running through my head since about noon today...

I found a wallet,
I found a wallet
Inside were pictures of your small family
You were so young, your hair dark brown
You had been born in 1953
Your winter birthday was stamped on the plastic
Of a license so recently expired

- Regina Spektor Far

That's right, I found my wallet! Well actually, The Loft found my wallet. When I called to check the store on Monday, they hadn't seen it. But apparently it was hiding in the safe, because today I got a call from my credit card company, letting me know that it had been found. They gave me the name of the store, the manager, the phone number, everything I needed. (Of course, I'd already canceled all my cards.) And when I called to verify, the store manager was so apologetic for not getting in touch with me sooner (like the day I called) and at least she went the extra mile of tracking me down.
So, I found a wallet! How perfectly do those lyrics match me, by the way, other than being born in 1953 (but I do have a winter birthday!)

Yesterday I told the admins at Violet's daycare that my wallet was gone and they commiserated most sincerely. One lady told me the story of how she lost her car keys for three weeks. After looking everywhere, she finally gave it up to God and said "Look, if I'm meant to find it, I'll find it." She found the keys the next day (in a shoe)! She was so encouraging that on that spot, I looked to Heaven (via the daycare ceiling) and released the situation into God's hands. Jan was convinced I'd be seeing that wallet again and I promised her if I did, she would be the first to know.

Well, she stopped me on my way in this afternoon to check on the progress and I got to tell her the happy news! And she got to give me a big "told ya so!" So, win win!

Yay! Mommy found her wallet!

1 comment:

  1. Fun to read here. And your Violet is so cute! Anne (in Stockholm/Sweden)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...