10.01.2010

Hello October!

Hello October! Isn't it nice that it finally feels like fall? I was downright cold when I woke up this morning, and Violet has been sent to school in long pants and sleeves each day this week. In fact, I might have to stock up on some more clothes for her. She's in her 9 month outfits now, but many of them are still frilly summer dresses. Speaking of outfits, I might be jumping the gun on Halloween a bit, but I just couldn't help it.

Putting her in the car before school, Matt discovered that the hat glows in the dark!
 
Her teachers at daycare couldn't get over how adorable Violet was. They found a matching pumpkin bib for her to wear, and then insisted everyone come take a look at her. I'm thinking Violet did not mind the attention.


So I stayed home from work today because I have a raging sinus infection. Seriously, I feel like someone has punched me in the face. My ears hurt so bad, I can really sympathize with Violet and her ear infection. Brutal. I tried my hardest not to call in, but the fever of 101 pretty much sealed the deal. I hate flaking out like that, especially because I was subbing for three different first grade teachers today! But the school actually got a sub to replace me, which was a first. Almost makes me feel like a real teacher! Too bad I had no lesson plans written out or anything, seeing as they've never had a sub for me before! Hopefully my antibiotics will kick in soon, because this is not a fun feeling, and I have a weekend to enjoy!

The worst part about being sick is you can't even be productive. I have so much work to do for my grad school class, but my head isn't letting me think straight. I can barely focus on the tv! (It's a miracle I'm even posting this, right?) Anyway, I'll just have to trust that it will all work out. In the meantime, try to enjoy the beautiful weather and have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...