10.10.2010

Lots of Little Stuff

Sorry for the long blog absence. I don't really have a good excuse except to say life in general has kept us pretty busy. Also, I don't have any new pictures of Violet and I hate posting without pics. Sorry, folks. Here's the dilemma. I have this fancy new phone that takes pictures, but I can't figure out how to get them from the phone to the blog. And since I have the phone, I'm not toting the camera around as much as usual, so hence, no pictures.

So you know I'm in this dinner club where the neighbors and I all cook dinner for each other. Well, this week I hit the wall. I'd used up all my recipes multiple times and was feeling quite uninspired. I asked Matt for advice and his suggestion? An early Thanksgiving dinner, complete with turkey and stuffing! I told him if he wanted Thanksgiving, he would have to do it himself. And he did! We had turkey, stuffing, green beans, rolls and finished it off with pumpkin pie! I even had a Thankgiving centerpiece to liven up the table! Everyone loved it, and hey, I didn't have to cook! So here's to Matt for ushering in the fall season for us.

Friday was poker night at the neighbors, an event that has been the sole topic of conversation the entire week. The guys brought their A-games, with dark sunglasses and poker shirts (or in one case, the poker robe) and us ladies merely tried to stay awake as the game stretched into the wee hours. It was my first time playing, but I've watched enough World Series of Poker on tv to feel pretty confident. I won a few hands, then went all in when my eyes wouldn't stay open any longer. When Matt wandered home a few hours later, I learned he had, indeed, taken the pot. Whoo-hoo!

Violet and her long-lost pal Jen at book club. Jen has been busy getting buff in the US Airforce and is home for a split second before taking off to work on big planes at her new base. We planned our book club meeting around her visit and had a most happy reunion.
 
Yesterday was another installment of book club, and we watched the movie adaptation of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. It was good, but a serious downer. I'd expect nothing less from a Holocaust movie, but it was especially hard since the main characters are innocent little eight-year-olds.

Next up, we're reading Coraline [Mass Market Paperback] and I'm super excited to get to November's pick, Crazy Heart: A Novel. Anyone have any suggestions for our December book/movie?

Finally, I have two shout-outs. The first goes to my newest blog follower Amanda, my Texas pal who recently had her own sweet baby boy. Hello, my friend! Next, to my dear UGA Bulldogs, who finally pulled out a decent win and made it fun to be a Georgia Bulldog again. Keep it up, boys!

1 comment:

  1. I missed your blogs last week, but know that it is hard to maintain a full time job,friendships, baby responsabilities and a home along with your blog. Hope all is well this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...