10.19.2010

I Need a Weekend from My Weekend

As you can recall from my weekend preview post, we were jam-packed. It was exhausting, but a blast. Emily had a great time babysitting Violet (unlike the last time) while we enjoyed our concert (although it didn't end until 11:30, waaaay past my bedtime).

On Saturday we had a visit from Matt's parents, which was lovely. I snuck out and did some shopping by myself, for myself. And let me tell you, it was the best experience! I haven't really bought new clothes for myself since before I was pregnant, and I stumbled into The Loft during their "take an extra 40 percent off all clearance items" sale (have I told you I am physically unable to buy anything unless it's on clearance?) Then I had the sweetest sales women bringing me outfit after outfit (and complimenting me on everything). It was a nice experience, even though I only walked away with two things. (And apparently lost my wallet.)


While I was gone, Violet was having fun at home with Grandma and Grandpa (I got this picture as proof that she was not sleeping like she was supposed to be.) Look how happy!


On Sunday we went to Travis and Wendi's place so the boys could watch football. Violet just continued to be pleased as punch with all the attention that was lavished upon her.

  But even a star must get her beauty sleep. 

She is now completely spoiled rotten and the teachers at daycare are working overtime to remind her that she is an independent girl who can play nicely by herself or with others without an adult there to entertain her every minute of the day. (She is not buying it for a second!)

1 comment:

  1. I am not physically able to force her to play by herself when she gives us that 1000 watt smile. She is soooo appreciative of the attention she just pulls you right in!!!! Sorry to the daycare workers :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...